Visit Casino City's Internet Directory
Casino City Home World Gambling North America GamblingUnited States GamblingColorado Gambling
Colorado News
Casino City Home
World Gambling
North America Gambling
United States Gambling
Colorado Gambling

Colorado News - Page 10

« Previous   Next »
Colorado casinos post record lows

News Brief: Colorado's mountain casinos suffered their biggest monthly drop in revenue in March since the first casino opened in 1991.

Smoking ban hurts Colorado casinos

News Brief: Even with an extra day of business because of leap year, Colorado's mountain casinos posted a 10 percent drop in revenue last month — perhaps the strongest sign yet of the smoking ban's impact on the industry.

Riviera Black Hawk names new GM

Riviera Holdings Corporation reports the appointment of Mr. Nicholas J. Polcino, Jr. to the position of General Manager of Riviera Black Hawk, pending approval by the Colorado Division of Gaming.

Nevada Gold shareholders approve sale

Nevada Gold & Casinos, Inc. shareholders approved the sale of the Company's 43% membership interest in the Isle of Capri-Black Hawk LLC to Isle of Capri Casinos, which currently owns the remaining 57% interest.

Colorado regulators at loss over smoking violation

News Brief: Colorado gambling regulators are at a loss about what to do with a Black Hawk casino that claims it's exempt from the statewide smoking ban.

Colorado casino tunnel back on track

News Brief: Work has resumed on a study for a proposed tunnel and other road improvements to cut the travel time to Black Hawk and Central City, Colorado.

Colorado casino insists cigar bar is legal

News Brief: Smoking is still being allowed in at least one of Colorado's mountain casinos because it claims to be a cigar bar exempt from the state's smoking ban.

Century Casinos acquires full ownership of Colorado casino

Century Casinos, Inc. has acquired the remaining 35% of all issued and outstanding partnership units of CC Tollgate LLC that were owned by Central City Venture LLC.

Nevada Gold to sell Isle of Capri interest

Nevada Gold & Casinos, Inc. reports that the Company will sell its 43% membership interest in the Isle of Capri-Black Hawk LLC to Isle of Capri Casinos.

Riviera wins big with Hispanic marketing

News Brief: Within nine days of launching a direct marketing campaign targeting Hispanics, the Riviera Casino had more than 1,200 new players.

Nevada Gold auctions off land

Sheldon Good & Company will conduct an auction for approximately 260 acres of land owned by Nevada Gold in Gilpin County near Black Hawk, Colorado.

Riviera appoints new Riviera Black Hawk president

Riviera Holdings Corporation reports the appointment of Mr. Mark Lefever to President of Riviera Black Hawk.

Colorado voters face lottery privatization issue

ews Brief: Colorado voters would be asked to privatize the state lottery, raising more than $2 billion, under a constitutional amendment proposed Tuesday.

Colorado gaming revenue up

News Brief: Total Colorado gaming revenue increased nearly 12 percent to $74.5 million in March from a year earlier.

Colorado smoking ban clears senate

ews Brief: The Colorado Senate has voted to ban smoking in casinos but not for another year.

Colorado deadbeat bill fails

ews Brief: A bill to force casinos to collect back child support from the gambling winnings of deadbeat parents died Thursday in a Colorado Senate committee.

Southwest Casino's Colorado deal approved

ews Brief: The Colorado Gaming Commission gave its nod Thursday to the purchase of two Cripple Creek casinos by a Minneapolis-based company that already owns three gambling halls in the mountain town.

Colorado smoking ban bill moves forward

ews Brief: The Colorado senate committee has approved a bill that would ban smoking in casinos to be debated the Senate floor.

Southern Ute casino to open next year

News Brief: Less than 18 months remain until the Southern Ute Tribe plans to open the doors at its new Sky Ute Casino, a facility it says will be one of the largest ever constructed in the Four Corners.

Nevada Gold & Casinos to auction off land

Nevada Gold & Casinos, Inc. has engaged Sheldon Good & Company to develop a real estate auction strategy for the approximately 260 acres of land it owns in Gilpin County near Black Hawk, Colorado.

About us | Editorial Staff | Feedback | Advertising
CASINO CITY NETWORK: Online Casino City | Casino City Times | Casino City TV | Poker Zone | RGT Online | Casino City Press | Gaming Directory | iGaming News